Swimming has many benefits, both mental and physical. But just the thought of plunging into cold water is what often holds you back from reaping the benefits of swimming.
Install Nuetech’s pool heat pump and feel like a fish in the waters of your pool. Pool heat pumps are integrated with the pool water circulation system to ensure the water is always at the optimal temperature. And water heater settings can be customised to suit your needs as well. Pool heat pumps make water more hygienic and easy to use. But pool water is a lot to heat. Using solar energy to heat your pool water makes it easy and cost-effective.
How does a pool heat pump work?
Solar water heaters or solar-assisted heat pumps are integrated into pool pumps or filter systems. Simple thermal collectors are installed at the outdoor pools. The water that flows out of the filter or the normal pool pump is taken into a solar water heating system, which increases the temperature of the pool water as required. The solar heat pump heater has a fan that pulls in heat from the air outside and leads it to the evaporator. The evaporator contains liquid refrigerant that, along with the heat absorbed from the air outside, turns to gas. This warm gas passes through the condenser, transferring the heat to the pool water circulator. Your pool now has warm water. The hot gas flows back to the condenser, becomes liquid refrigerant again, and the cycle goes on.
When the water is heated enough and there is no need for further heating, a diverting valve is activated, which prevents water from flowing into the solar-assisted pump heating system and instead flows directly back to the pool after the usual filtration process.
Selecting a heat pump for pool heating
- Sizing a heat pump: Lot of factors go into determining the size of a pool heater. The surface area of the pool, average air temperature at the pool’s location, wind exposure, humidity levels, and night temperatures (how cold are the nights) – all of these factors determine how large or small a heat pump you will need.For example, pools where wind speed is high at the pool surface, humidity is low and nights are cool will require a larger heater.
- Determining the heat pool pump efficiency: The energy efficiency is measured by the coefficient of performance (COP). The higher the COP number, the more efficient.
- Frequency of use: It also depends on how often you have to use the pool. If it is your private pool, you can heat the pool as per your convenience and the timing of your use. If you have a community pool, a swimming school, or a recreational pool in a resort, you will have to heat your pool more frequently, for which you will need a heater pump that is more powerful and efficient.
- Overall, when you have made a decision to install a pool heat pump, reach out to Nuetech Solar and you can be sure of getting the best of the product, service, professional advice, and value for money.
- Immediate hot water production.
- High-efficiency rotary and scroll compressors.
- High-efficiency, eco-friendly R134A, R417A, or R407C refrigerant without ozone depletion.
- Adjustable water temperature setting: 25 – 58 deg C
- Easy installation and maintenance
- Heat pumps that work all through the year, including monsoon and winter