A rooftop solar power system, often known as a rooftop PV system, is a photovoltaic (PV) system with electricity-generating solar panels installed on the roof of a home or business. Technology, modernization, and mechanisation have created a never-ending demand for electricity, which is reflected in our sky-rocketing electricity bills. In our efforts to meet the ever-increasing demand for electricity, we are contributing to the depletion of natural resources, pollution of the environment, and dangerous climatic change. Alternative and renewable energy sources are the only solutions to this impending problem. And solar energy will be a driving force in making the earth a greener, cleaner planet.
A solar PV rooftop system is essentially a small power plant that is installed on your roof. Three essential components make up the Grid Interactive Roof Top Solar Photo Voltaic (PV) system. Solar PV modules, mounting structures for the modules, and inverters, or power conditioning devices. Solar PV modules are arranged in an array, which requires a mounting structure to keep the modules at the proper angle for maximum generation. Solar panels convert solar energy in the form of light into direct current (DC) power (Direct Current). The inverter/power conditioning equipment converts DC electrical energy to AC (Alternate Current) electricity, which is then connected to the power grid via an AC distribution board. A metering panel linked to it can be used to measure the AC power output. Depending on solar power generation and local demand, the system’s output can be synchronised with the grid, and electricity can be supplied to the grid.
Area of Application
How does a solar rooftop work?
Rooftop solar panels rely on the solar cells’ capacity to capture the sun’s energy and convert it to power. It is made of a tiny, square-shaped semiconductor that is produced from conductive materials such as silicon. When sunlight reaches the solar cells, chemical processes occur, releasing electrons and resulting in the generation of electric current.
Types of solar photovoltaic solutions
Solar rooftop for home installation is a cost-effective option for practically anyone to get started on a greener, cleaner, and less expensive path ahead. Installing a solar power system will immediately increase the value of your home.
Commercial & Industrial
Solar rooftop systems for commercial and industrial buildings will provide a strong return on investment by utilising unused roof space. Nuetech Solar, with its first calss prodicts and efficient engineers, can tailor solar solutions to meet your needs.
Solar rooftop systems help meet the energy needs of institutions such as schools, colleges, universities, research organisations, and non-profit organizations.
- Solar PV systems that operate on the grid do not require batteries for storage. Different types of inverter technology can be used to suit your needs and convenience.
- A hybrid solar PV system is a perfect integration of batteries and the grid. Existing loads are handled first, followed by charging batteries, and finally connecting to the grid.
- An off-grid system is a solar PV system that is completely off the grid. Solar energy feeds the batteries in this system, and energy is delivered to loads from the batteries.
- A solar water pump is a complete water pumping system that runs on solar energy via photovoltaic panels. The employment of a solar water pump for irrigation is extremely beneficial. Solar street lights use solar energy to brighten streets or other open areas. Solar street lights are an excellent, cost-effective solution not just for city dwellers, but also for those who live in rural areas without access to energy.
Make money while the sun shines
Your power expenses will be reduced significantly if you install solar on your roof, since you will use less electricity from the grid. Because the cost of grid electricity is likely to climb in the days to come, your cost savings should rise as well. With a 27-year linear power warranty, you can expect long-term cost savings by avoiding the purchase of pricey grid electricity.
Nuetech solar–the torch bearer of the green India movement
Nuetech Solar, with its complete rooftop solar solutions, is driving India’s energy revolution, transforming the country from a reliance on traditional energy sources to a solar power leader.
When you have made the decision to install a solar roof top, there are a few apparent points to consider:
- The first thing you should do is determine whether or not you have enough open space to put solar panels. In addition, the space should be large enough to accommodate the panels that are advised for the system that will satisfy your needs.
- Solar electricity is a godsend to high-consumption households, businesses, and commercial sites. The higher your electricity price, the more profitable it is to go solar due to the savings you will make on your electricity bill.
- Many Indian states have a specialised rooftop solar policy. Several states have made net metering mandatory and have offered some very attractive incentives for you to build a rooftop solar PV system. Make sure you are familiar with your state’s policy.
- Net Metering: Similar to solar policy, net metering policies vary by state. Some distribution companies handle applications more quickly when compared to others. Before you decide to go solar, it is a good idea to talk to your distribution company or solar installer about net metering.
- Approvals: Depending on the type and size of your solar system, your distribution company may require an approval or NOC before you install rooftop solar PV. If you live in an apartment or community, you also may have to check with your resident welfare association (RWA) about authorization.
- Shading: If your rooftop is significantly shaded by surrounding objects, it may not be the best location for solar panel installation. If your rooftop has a lot of shading, your architect can suggest some options, but there is no general answer to the problem. As a result, you must pay particular attention to the shading. Experts from Nuetech Solar will be able to help you handle this problem.
To optimise energy generation, solar modules must face the sun at all times of the year. As a result, modules in the northern hemisphere face south, while those in the southern hemisphere face north. With panes facing south and slanted at roughly 13 degrees, Bengaluru generates the most electricity. Solar panels at a higher inclination will produce less electricity.
Yes, wind load is taken into account. The wind load will be determined by the precise location. For the given site, the installation should consider IS standards. Solar power plants, on the other hand, may be designed to handle any wind load.
Because solar photovoltaic panels have no moving parts, they require minimal maintenance, which includes washing the modules with water every 2-4 weeks and performing preventative electrical maintenance every three months.
Yes, the power produced will degrade by 0.5–0.8% each year. In the 25th year, the solar system will still produce 80%–90% of the energy produced in the first year.
Whether you use gross or net metering, the installation expenses are the same.
The solar panels are covered by a 25-year warranty, but their expected lifespan is much longer.
Your solar system normally wakes up at around 6 a.m. and goes to sleep at around 6 or 7 p.m. since solar PV is based on the intensity of sunshine it receives. The energy production progressively climbs until it peaks around midday, then gradually diminishes as the sun sets. However, because the solar energy produced is integrated with either your existing electrical connection or your batteries, your electrical equipment will not be affected. Furthermore, if your solar PV system is properly designed, all of your electrical equipment will be completely safe.
Solar On-Grid System
The grid-tied, on-grid or grid-interactive solar system is the most common type of PV system.
Solar Off-Grid System
An off-grid solar system is best suited for remote areas with poor or no access to the any type of grid.
Solar Hybrid PV System
A hybrid solar system combines the best from the grid-tied solar system and the off-grid system
Solar Water Pumps
Solar powered pumps help farmers become grid independent and self sufficient in water resources.